Saturday, February 5, 2011

Rah Rah Rah

As you know, a few months ago I signed up to coach cheerleading at a local high school. At first, I was a little apprehensive, but decided that I would regret it if I never tried. It turned out to be a great way to stay involved in cheering and a great learning experience. It was hard, frustrating, and fun all at the same time.

Last week, my girls had their very first competition! After a TON of mishaps including snow days and losing a flyer, they did a FABULOUS job. Considering all of the obstacles that were placed in our way during the six days leading up to competition (which we weren't able to practice during by the way!) and a last minute change, I couldn't be prouder.

A few days later, the varsity team also competed. They placed higher than EVER at 6th! The girls were ecstatic and I was so proud! I know... I'm just a cheesy cheer coach now...

1 comment:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

That's awesome that they did so well!