During my very first P.C. experience years ago, the consultant whipped up a delicious chicken and broccoli braid that I have loved ever since. My dad isn't a huge fan of garlic or onions or breaded things so we didn't have this much when I was still living at home. Since moving out, I have been really wanted to try it out for Antonio and I. I was SO excited when one of the cookbooks I bought from my own party had the recipe in it:
Chicken and Broccoli Braid
- 1 cup cooked chicken, chopped
3/4 cup broccoli, chopped
1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
1 garlic clove, pressed
1/2 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
2 tablespoons low fat mayonnaise
1 teaspoon Dill Mix
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 package (8 oz each) reduced fat refrigerated crescent rolls
1 egg white, lightly beaten
Optional: 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees. Combine the chicken (Antonio cooked the chicken for me - hey I'm not that advanced in the kitchen yet! He added some olive oil, garlic, onion, salt, pepper and balsalmic vinegar dressing in a frying pan), broccoli, red pepper, cheese, mayo, dill and salt in a large bowl. Use a rolling pin to roll out the crescent rolls into a long, rectangular strip. Pile the mixture in a strip down the middle of the crescent roll. Using a pizza cutter, cut 1 inch strips along each side of the pile of mixture. Alternate folding the strips over to create a braid effect. Brush with to top with egg white. Sprinkle with almonds. Cook 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown. I cooked mine on the large rectangular baking stone from Pampered Chef. I LOVE MY BAKING STONES!!!
Here's how mine turned out:

When Antonio got home, he surprised me with dessert from a cupcake bakery, Baked and Wired in Georgetown.
1 comment:
Oh my gosh! All of that looks so good! Your braid turned out so well!
Post a Comment