First of all, I'm actually liking (not quite loving yet) the recent change in season. The weather has been a little crazy lately (UM it SNOWED on Halloween weekend! Ridiculous!), but this week it seems to have decided that it wants to be fall for a little while. And while I am definitely still an adamant summer sunshine lover, the fall colors have been really inspiring to practice with my new camera:
I'm also loving my new hair! This isn't the greatest photo, but I decided to put some cranberry red lowlights in! At first, a lot of people mistook it for purple or pink, and I started to get really self concious. But, it's such a departure from my normal blonde and I just love it!

I also recently broke down and joined the elite club of the iPhone. I wasn't sure I was going to be able to get used to no keyboard and touch screen only, but everyone told me to give it a shot. And, just like with my beloved Macbook, I was once again proven wrong! Definitely a good decision if I do say so myself.
Even though I've really been missing them lately, I just love my friends. No matter what's going on in their lives, I can call to complain or cry or just talk nonsense and it's like we just saw each other last week. I've promised myself that I'm going to make time with friends more of a priority in my life.
Everyday, I'm realizing how much I love my JOB! And the people I work with. Even though it's hard and frustrating and so.much.work. teaching is the ONLY thing I've ever wanted to do. I love it and feel so rewarded (almost) everyday. Even the littlest things, like a little girl writing that she's thankful to have ME! in her Thanksgiving writing can really lift my spirits. I don't know what I would do without my "kids" to make me smile everyday.
Like I said, I'm also loving getting some good use out of my new DSLR. I've been researching and testing out some different settings and lightings and I'm feeling pretty proud of my progress...

And of course, how could I forget PINTEREST?!?! Who know that looking at other people's food, crafts, wedding pictures, home decor... could be SO time consuming??? And, to top it all off the county I work for hasn't blocked it yet at school! This is what I consider a fabulous disaster...
So, it just goes to show me that no matter how bummed I feel or how stressed out I get, I have a lot of great things to be happy and grateful for! I hope everyone else out there can think of at least a couple this Wednesday!
1 comment:
Glad to see that you've been doing well. I like the new hair! A little change is always good.
Post a Comment