Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Feeling Inspired

Thanks to my new found obsession with Pinterest, I've been feeling very inspired lately to get back to my crafty roots. When I got off at 9 AM yesterday it was a cold, dreary, rainy day outside so I figured it would be a great day to bundle up on the couch and craft. So, craft I did for SIX HOURS STRAIGHT.

Here's how I made just one of my beautiful new Christmas creations:

I started out with a plain styrofoam wreath from Michael's, a skein of yarn, Aleene's Tacky Spray Adhesive and two pieces each of red and green felt. After learning the hard way, I pulled on some plastic gloves to work with the tacky spray. Working my way a little at a time, I sprayed some tacky spray, then tightly wrapped the yarn around the wreath.

Adding the tacky spray wasn't necessary but was definitely helpful in keeping the yarn from unwinding as I took breaks. Since the only wreath I could find was dark green and I wanted an off white wreath, I had to warp a double layer of the yarn. I didn't use the tacky spray on the second layer. This was the most difficult part of the whole project, only because it was so.freaking.tedious.

Then, using this tutorial, I made a bunch of red and green felt flowers. I chose my favorite and started gluing the on using regular Tacky Glue.

And finally what I had was...

A yarn and felt wreath!

As tedious as it was, I'm really happy with how this wreath turned out! And I had a great excuse to sit on the couch for a couple of hours watching Home Alone onDemand!

1 comment: