Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Tasty Tuesday!

I've never really been a cook before. I like instant gratification, which usually means take out or microwavable meals. However, my new eating habits do not really go hand in hand with these types of meals. I also really like to bake. But, the problem is I usually am just baking for Antonio and I and end up making way too much. And that much delicious food just cannot go to waste... so I eat it.

So lately, I've been really enjoying finding and trying out new recipes that are a little more Weight Watchers friendly. A few week ago, I found Pink Lemonade Cupcakes on SkinnyTaste.com. I thought that Easter would be a perfect time to try these spring treats!


The recipe itself does not call for any icing on the cupcakes. They really are pretty sweet and can do without... I guess. But I am a frosting lover and when I found a super simple dip/icing recipe on Pinterest, I had to try it!

All you have to do is mix one package of fat free, sugar free instant pudding mix with ONE cup of skim milk. (The recipe on the pudding box says two cups, but you only need half of that) Then, once the pudding starts to thicken, mix it in with a whole container of Lite Cool Whip. The result was delicious as a frosting for the cupcakes but also a great, light, low fat sweet tooth fix with fresh fruit!

I decided to add the Peeps to be a little more festive, but here are my low fat Easter Cupcakes!!!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Those cupcakes look really good! Bookmarking the recipe right now