Here is the view as you enter my classroom. I'm sticking with the beach theme this year but decided to spice it up with a cruise ship! Eventually I want to have all their little first grade faces in the life rings surrounding the boat.
We're also a pod school - meaning no real walls or doors. To most people who come in for the first time, this boggles their minds. I honestly prefer it - you're able to better collaborate and be spontaneous with your teammates. And it's great for "borrowing" ideas you see other people using throughout the day!
Library area complete with new, reupholstered rocking chair. Though not as comfy as my old one :(
Computer and reading/writing centers
My thinking maps and PYP Learner Profile Traits board. Actually the IB learner Traits have changed since I took this photo! I hope to upload the new definitions I created as a freebie on Friday!
My math and calendar area. I'm excited to get to integrate the calendar into my morning meeting again!
IB Unit of Inquiry board, sink/water fountain and workshop/word wall area. I just LOVE the little stuffed sea creatures hanging from the ceiling! Thanks to my Momma and Auntie for coming in and helping out with that (among many other things...)
"Information Station"
A view of MY space. I just LOVE my little Ravens bulletin board behind my desk for photos of all my favorite memories and people!
And just a few wide shots of the room in general...
I hope you all liked touring my very first first grade classroom! Be sure to hop on over to the linky party at Blog Hoppin' to check out tons of other great learning spaces!!

1 comment:
Hi Your classroom looks so big. I love your theme...very creative. I'm your newest follower. :o)
Vicky
* not sure why these blogger boxes won't allow me to leave my signature of my blog...sorry
http://traditionslaughterandhappilyeverafter.blogspot.com
Post a Comment