Sunday, December 20, 2009

Snow Day!


At around 4:30, I got a call from my school system telling me that tomorrow is officially a SNOW DAY! Yes, I live in the part of the country that was literally covered by snow yesterday. As most of you know, I despite, hate, deplore, etc., snow or any type of wintry weather. I didn't think it was EVER going to stop falling!

I ventured out in the blustery weather to try cleaning off my car, help my niece build a snow-blob (man), and to take some pictures to document the crazy snowfall. Though I was around for the infamous Blizzard of 96, I was only about 9 years old and as a kid you don't realize how paralyzing that amount of snow can truly be!

I've spent the weekend baking Christmas cookies, grading papers, watching movies, cleaning my room, wrapping last minute gifts and eating. A lot unfortunately. I have not left my house, aside from walking in the neighborhood since Friday night; I am beginning to go crazy. However, as you can see, my car is currently parked on the sidewalk in front of my house and sadly, most likely not moving for at least one more day. To top it all off, Antonio is equally as stuck at his house 15 minutes away. I'm getting pretty lonely over here...

Kameron and I did spend some time exploring the neighborhood today. It was fun slipping around on the iced over streets and watching the crazy people try to drive around (and get stuck) in the snow. One guy got stuck directly in front of my house and my dad very nicely had to dig him out!

Even though being inside is starting to drive me crazy, I did get to watch a great Ravens win over the Bears today. And, I'm definitely liking the extended weekend this snow has given me. Now to try and stay warm (and away from the cookies...)



2 comments:

Mrs P said...

Stay warm Ambs!!!

Also... how on earth do you get this beautiful background going on?? I waaaaant one!!

dreaming in pink and green said...

ahhh! I'm from MD too and was hit with this storm!!! what part of MD are you in?