I've taken a pretty long hiatus from blogging lately - much longer than I anticipated! Like I said before, grad school plus the end of the school year is definitely kicking my butt. Only two more weeks of work and three more weeks of grad school until I'm
finally able to take a breather! I think
(hope) I can make it until then...
I know I haven't been posting much about what I've been doing lately. I went through a pretty rough patch early in May, but I'm happy to report that the
life change I was hoping for is going well so far. There have definitely been a few ups and downs, bumps in the road, but I'm working my way back to the Ambs I love. Anyway, here is a quick recap of some of the least boring parts of my small break from the blogging world:

For the second year in a row, some of my Phi Mu sisters and I spent the day at
Wine in the Woods. It's a great wine festival with local MD wineries and delicious food. I also got to spend some time with two of my good friends from work, Jaime and Jamie! This year was much more crowded than last, but I still discovered a new favorite winery:
Solomon's Island Winery. I highly recommend the watermelon wine - tastes like Bubblicious!
Speaking of my good friend Jaime...

she got ENGAGED during my blogging break! AND asked me to be a bridesmaid! I could not be more excited to help plan the wedding and show my support on her big day!

Antonio and I went to my first Chili Cookoff in DC! I think I had more chili that day than in my whole life combined! It was delicioussss, but I don't think I'll be craving chili anytime soon. I also may have consumed just a
teensy bit of beer that day...
hence the blurry picture taking skills. In addition to the yummy snacks, the whole event was put on by a local rock station so there was great music including Cage the Elephant, Switchfoot, and Alice in Chains! I totally want to go back again next year and maybe even enter the cookoff myself!

Two of my very best friends from college, Kristi and Joella, graduated! They are both already on the fast track toward starting their careers and grown up lives. I am so proud of them! It was a great day. I love getting to spend time with my sisters. I think I appreciate my time with them a lot more now that they're not just a quick walk across campus at 3 AM away...
This weekend, I headed down to Ocean City after work for one of my high school friends' bachelorette party! It was a fun weekend, but definitely deserves its own post later this week! For now here is a sneak peek:

Now, for some relaxation, wine, and Real Housewives of New Jersey! Is anyone else out there OBSESSED with the Real Housewives? What's your favorite cast? Mine is definitely the dirty Jerz...
2 comments:
It sounds like you've been busy for sure. Glad things are going better!
Oh I love the Real Housewives! I'd have to say I love NJ but I love Atlanta too!
I feel like we are living the same life..the end of school and graduate school seriously wear you out huh?!? The end if near for you....I know you will be so glad when you finally get a break!
LOVE pretty little liars...glad you do too! :)
Post a Comment